American Football Forum - Forum per tutti gli appassionati di football americano a cui piace anche la figa

Draft Prospects 2013, Cercando un Jamarcus...

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 22/1/2013, 12:21     +1   -1

Group:
DUCETTO

Ho scovato ste 4 righe sui RBs.

Ho visto un pò solo Lacy che mi dice un pò poco. Qualcuno ha impressionato o sarà una classe mediocre? :teb:

1. Giovani Bernard - 5'9" 205 lbs. - North Carolina

Strengths: Gio Bernard is blessed with good speed, agility and acceleration to go with an ideal power/balance ratio. His best attribute is everything that makes up the Pre-LOS ability. Think of Arian Foster and his ability to see the hole being created on the backside, yet he strings along the linebacker, presses the hole then violently cuts back into the open field. He's the best running of this class when it comes to that. He will not be dependent on a good offensive line. He's also a great receiver and return man. He's had average success with ball security once every 85 touches.

Weaknesses: Gio's biggest knock is his health/durability. While he's only combined for about 550 touches, Bernard missed all of 2010 with a knee injury. He then missed a handful of games in 2012 with a knee issue. He'll need to pass a physical at the Combine but once he does, I'm not sure I see a major flaw in his game.

Size/Style Comparison: Ray Rice
Score: 6.76
Draft Projection: Late 1st - Early 2nd

2. Andre Ellington - 5'11" 200 lbs. - Clemson

Strengths: First thing that jumps out has to be Ellington's long speed. If he breaks loose, he doesn't usually get caught. Along with his impressive speed, Ellington shows enough fight and toughness to make you think he's bigger/stronger than he really is. For his size, he's a good pass blocker and he has one of the best hands in this draft class. Ellington fumbled once every 85 touches at Clemson.

Weaknesses: Ellington compiled almost 700 touches in college and his frame would suggest that's about all he could handle. He's on the thinner side for a RB and looks like he can gain 5-10 lbs without losing speed. As far as running, Ellington looks to break that big one too often. When it's there, he rarely misses, but it won't be there as much in the NFL. He'll need to learn to take his three-yards and look towards the next play.

Size/Style Comparison: Jamaal Charles
Score: 6.70
Draft Projection: 2nd Round

3. Eddie Lacy - 5'10" 238 lbs. - Alabama

Strengths: Lacy got my highest grades in Power, Durability and Post-LOS abilities. He's built perfectly as a big back with thick thighs, strong arms and a bubble butt. That gives him supreme balance, strength and tackle-breaking ability. As for durability, besides his build, he only touched the ball 380 times at Alabama. Lacy's best attribute is his ability to make defenders pay in many ways in the open field/2nd level. Lacy will run you over, jump over or spin off defenders. It makes it hard for the opposition to size him up.

Weaknesses: While he has surprising athleticism, Lacy isn't a burner and he doesn't offer much in the passing game. Lacy has decent hands and won't be a liability as a pass protector. He's also fumbled six times in 380 touches.

Size/Style Comparison: Jamal Lewis (H/T @MoveTheSticks)
Score: 6.68
Draft Projection: Late 1st - Early 2nd Round

4. Johnathan Franklin - 5'10" 195 lbs. - UCLA

Strengths: I was blown away by Franklin's ability to stop, start and get to full speed (which is very fast) in a flash. He's very good pressing the hole, bursting through and making defenders miss in the second level. I didn't know he was only 195 lbs. until looking it up after reviewing his film. For his size, Franklin can flash power with an ability to break tackles. He plays low and shows low center of gravity and balance; making him a hard target to knock down. His open field elusiveness is the best in this class. An excellent receiving back, Franklin was a consistent weapon for UCLA. He looked like the total package at times.

Weaknesses: Overall bulk could be better distributed, but Franklin looks in better shape than 2011 and it shows in his increased production. His biggest flaws are his pass protection and ball security. He doesn't see the blitzes well, isn't very big, and can get moved easily. Franklin has fumbled 19 times in college, or once in every 45 times. His 850 collegiate touches could be a concern because a guy his size could spell future durability issues.

Size/Style Comparison: LeSean McCoy
Score: 6.56
Draft Projection: 3rd Round

5. Joseph Randle - 6'1" 216 lbs. - Oklahoma State

Strengths: Even though Randle is a taller back with a longer stride, he has good straight line speed and is a very natural receiver. He surprised me with how strong he is and he's not afraid of contact. He's a patient runner that waits for his opportunity to strike, and when he gets it, he'll break off a long run. Randle is the type of back that'll gain three, five, four, three, twenty-six in a five-play span. I also really like him as a goal line runner; he gets up to speed quickly and that's when his power is most effective. Randle fumbled once every 95 touches, which would be average.

Weaknesses: Randle doesn't seem like a natural running back. He misses holes, cutback lanes, doesn't always follow blocks and isn't cohesive with the offensive line. His higher pad level may hurt him in the NFL also. Randle has almost 700 collegiate touches through his junior year. I would like to see better vision/intelligence on blitz pickups.

Size/Style Comparison: DeMarco Murray
Score: 6.50
Draft Projection: 3rd Round

6. Montee Ball - 5'11" 216 lbs. - Wisconsin

Notes: Ball is very decorated after two great years at Wisconsin. He's had the luxury of playing behind a NFL caliber offensive line, but he's more than a product of the system. Ball isn't a great athlete. In fact, he's probably as average as they come as an NFL back. Where Ball surprised me was in his creativity in the open field in 2012. He also has started creating extra yards for himself with his work before he hits the line of scrimmage (LOS) this year. He's very good at manipulating the second level before he hits the hole. Because of that, I don't believe he'll need a great offensive line to be successful in the NFL. One big knock that Ball has is his almost 1,000 college carries. He's dealt with nagging injuries as a bell-cow back would and you have to be concerned about his long term durability.

He's a powerful pass protector and OK in the receiving game. Ball fumbles once every 185 carries at Wisconsin, but four of his five in 2012.

Size/Style Comparison: Ahmad Bradshaw
Score: 6.41
Draft Projection: 4th Round

view post Posted on 22/1/2013, 13:09     +1   -1

Venite pure avanti, voi con il naso corto...

Group:
Ass Rusher

CITAZIONE (Ocho Cinco @ 22/1/2013, 12:21) 
Ho scovato ste 4 righe sui RBs.

Ho visto un pò solo Lacy che mi dice un pò poco. Qualcuno ha impressionato o sarà una classe mediocre? :teb:

Mistero.
Ho provato a dare un'occhiata anch'io e l'unica speranza è che il fenomeno nascosto in prospetti non esaltanti salti fuori solo una volta approdato al piano superiore.
Ignoro chi sceglieranno gli Steelers al primo/secondo giro, ma un RB forte ci serve come l'aria: il timore è che decidano di tappare con buona certezza altri buchi (DE, OLB, S, eventualmente CB), continuando a far correre gente mediocre come Dwyer e Redman.

E non è detto che entro la terza scelta non si vada per un QB, visto che BB ha i suoi anni e i suoi acciacchi, ma soprattutto perchè dietro di lui abbiamo visto esserci il vuoto pneumatico.

Morale: la coperta è cortissima :rain:

www  Top
view post Posted on 13/2/2013, 10:18     +1   -1

Group:
DUCETTO

Io vado avanti, magari a qualcuno di EZ interessa quando ha finito con la sezione della passera... :virgo:

Parlo di quel che interessa potenzialmente ai Bengals, ovvero le Ss.

1. Kenny Vaccaro - Texas - 6'1" 215 lbs.
Vaccaro is a great athlete for the position. He lined up everywhere for Texas (Deep FS, SS, Nickel CB, in Box). He's at his best when moving forward. He anticipates the run very well with aggression but this can backfire because he gets caught taking bad angles or falling for play-action. Vaccaro's aggressiveness is great when it works, but if he misses just a little, you'll see him whiff on tackles.
Because of this, I would much rather have Vaccaro closer to the line of scrimmage playing the run; I just wouldn't want to give him big gaps. He doesn't break down well in space and in deep zone, I don't trust him. Offenses attacked him with play-fakes and vertical routes where he had to make a choice. Because of Vaccaro's versatility, defensive coordinators will drool over his potential and where they can align him. He has the size, athleticism and coverage skills to match up with these new NFL tight ends. He's like a bizarro Polamalu. Line him up everywhere, keep him close to the line, BUT the difference is his man coverage abilities. I have to think he has very high upside, even as a deep FS.
Draft Projection: 1st Round (5-20)

2. Jonathan Cyprien - FIU - 6'0" 210 lbs.
Jonathan Cyprien not only stood out as the best athlete on the FIU defense, he's also the most instinctive; an intimidating and high-energy player on either side of the field. He's a strong safety that's very comfortable playing in the box and the best safety against the run that I've seen thus far.
He has a great feel for running lanes and quickly measures up ball-carriers to make crushing hits. When he doesn't leave his feet, Cyprien is one of the better form-tacklers in this draft class. His aggressive angles can hurt him at times and he can get locked-out by linemen, but after watching a bunch of safeties in this class, he's no worse than the rest. He can also play bump-and-run in coverage against tight ends and running backs.
From a coverage perspective, Cyprien's anticipation shined. Where I was most impressed with Cyprien was his range as a center fielder. He can get sideline-to-sideline in a hurry and appears to read the quarterback's eyes very well. He can get to those deep routes along the boundary for a big hit or make a play on the ball. Cyprien's ball skills and range sold me on him as a prospect.
Draft Projection: 1st/2nd Round (20-36)

3. D.J. Swearinger - South Carolina - 5'11" 210 lbs.
He has the size, strength and attitude to be a very good NFL strong safety. Swearinger is more than that, he also covered the slot a bunch and played deep zones. He shows some adequate range when asked to play deep and Swearinger has better than average ball skills. Tracking the deep ball and knowing when to make a play on it or go for the hit is not something most college safeties have. Swearinger usually makes the correct choice.
I don't think he's a great athlete but I don't see many limitations. Swearinger is one of the best tacklers of this safety class and his shit-talking mentality forces him to back it up. It looks like teammates feed off of it. His big hits are something for the highlight reels. I also see Swearinger moving guys around, making adjustments and calls presnap. I like his upside as a T.J. Ward type player.
Draft Projection: 2nd Round (35-50)

4. Bacarri Rambo - Georgia - 6'1" 210 lbs
Rambo is a free safety in every sense of the definition. He thrives is deep center field where his range and ball skills are evident. Rambo's ball-tracking is the best in this class and would be good by NFL standards.
Where you look for much more is against the run. Rambo doesn't usually fly into the picture looking for make the big stick. Instead, you'll see him catch runners off guard or hold the ball carrier up until help arrives. The crazy part is, he has gotten much better in run defense and overall tackling over the last couple years.
I'm interested in Rambo's workout numbers because it could sway my evaluations even more. He looks like two different players when you watch him in coverage and against the run. He reminds me a lot of Jairus Byrd when he was at Oregon. The difference is Byrd developed very well in Buffalo and become one of the elite safeties in the NFL as an all-around player. The flashes and natural abilities of Rambo leave me hoping for similar results.
Draft Projection: 2nd/3rd Round (50-75)

5. Eric Reid - LSU - 6'2" 210 lbs.
Reid is a long, well-built safety. His length helps as a tackler because he gets the extra reach when needed. You'll see him trip-up runners even when he's out of position. Besides that, Reid is generally a poor tackler; while adequate against the run, Reid is high-cut and leggy. That hurts his change of direction ability and he can get run over by shorter backs.
His long legs and stiffness don't help in man coverage. Reid is a deep FS only -- you don't want him covering the slot very often. He's prone to getting flagged and giving up catches underneath.
On the positive side, Reid flashes great anticipation against the run and in zone coverage. He sees the route progressions in front of him and he is quick to read the QB's eyes and make a play on the ball or lay a big hit. I feel comfortable with Reid as the defense's last line of defense. He doesn't bite much on the play-fakes and knows how to keep the play or ball-carrier in front of him. He has a knack for getting his hands on the ball and that's a trait that can be unexplainable, but coveted by NFL teams. He reminds me of Falcons' SS William Moore because I think Reid can be a better tackler with more discipline.
Draft Projection: 2nd/3rd Round (50-75)

6. Matt Elam - Florida - 5'10" 205 lbs.
Elam is the type of player that has some amazing YouTube highlight videos (see below) but when you focus on him at Florida, he leaves you wanting more. Elam isn't a great athlete. In fact, he's very average in most physical categories. Add in his shorter size and Elam will have to break the 'short and slow' label.
Here's what he does offer: He's a bully on the field with no fear when he coming in to make a tackle. Elam consistently digs into a pile, rips at the ball, pushes offensive players after the play and talks smack. He needs to wrap up more often and mind his helmet when applying bone-crushing hits.
Elam played some nickel corner at Florida, but he can be a liability when facing quicker slot receivers. He was solid with the shorter routes in front of him, but anything deeper, and Elam would lose his man. In deep zone, Elam doesn't show the range to be a Cover-1 free safety. He's a strong safety and special teams standout in the NFL. I don't think he'll ever be an elite defender but he could be a Ryan Clark type complementary safety.
Draft Projection: 3rd Round (60-85)

view post Posted on 13/2/2013, 10:24     +1   -1

Siamo i figli della merda

Group:
EEEK EEEK EEEK

sui kicker hai roba buona ?

view post Posted on 13/2/2013, 10:32     +1   -1

Group:
DUCETTO

CITAZIONE (Il Maria @ 13/2/2013, 10:24) 

Dipende. La vuoi da fumare, da ficcarti nel naso, o da spararti in vena?

view post Posted on 13/2/2013, 10:39     +1   -1

Group:
EEEK EEEK EEEK

CITAZIONE (Ocho Cinco @ 13/2/2013, 10:32) 

Dipende. La vuoi da fumare, da ficcarti nel naso, o da spararti in vena?

da taggare

ma leggendo questo
1. Kenny Vaccaro - Texas - 6'1" 215 lbs.
Vaccaro is a great athlete for the position. He lined up everywhere for Texas (Deep FS, SS, Nickel CB, in Box). He's at his best when moving forward. He anticipates the run very well with aggression but this can backfire because he gets caught taking bad angles or falling for play-action. Vaccaro's aggressiveness is great when it works, but if he misses just a little, you'll see him whiff on tackles.
Because of this, I would much rather have Vaccaro closer to the line of scrimmage playing the run; I just wouldn't want to give him big gaps. He doesn't break down well in space and in deep zone, I don't trust him. Offenses attacked him with play-fakes and vertical routes where he had to make a choice. Because of Vaccaro's versatility, defensive coordinators will drool over his potential and where they can align him. He has the size, athleticism and coverage skills to match up with these new NFL tight ends. He's like a bizarro Polamalu. Line him up everywhere, keep him close to the line, BUT the difference is his man coverage abilities. I have to think he has very high upside, even as a deep FS.
Draft Projection: 1st Round (5-20)

mi sembra un nuovo urlacchia, rimane il problema del peso, ocho cosa ne pensi ? è un tweener?

view post Posted on 14/2/2013, 09:27     +1   -1

Group:
DUCETTO

Rimanendo in tema si Ss, ho trovato questo ranking (identico all'altro!) firmato da tale, Joe Goodberry (e chiccazzè?)

1 Kenny Vaccaro Texas 1st Round (5-20)
2 Jonathan Cyprien FIU 1st/2nd Round (20-36)
3 D.J. Swearinger South Carolina 2nd Round (35-50)
4 Bacarri Rambo Georgia 2nd/3rd Round (50-75)
5 Eric Reid LSU 2nd/3rd Round (50-75)
6 Matt Elam Florida 3rd Round (60-85)
7 Tony Jefferson Oklahoma 3rd/4th Round
8 J.J. Wilcox Georgia Southern 4th Round
9 T.J. McDonald USC 4th Round
10 Robert Lester Alabama 4th/5th Round
11 Phillip Thomas Fresno State 4th/5th Round
12 Shawn Williams Georgia 5th/6th Round

view post Posted on 14/2/2013, 09:46     +1   -1

Group:
EEEK EEEK EEEK

CITAZIONE (Ocho Cinco @ 14/2/2013, 09:27) 
Rimanendo in tema si Ss, ho trovato questo ranking (identico all'altro!) firmato da tale, Joe Goodberry (e chiccazzè?)

sarà joe cool che si allena per entrare nella redazione del marmotta
alta scuola di giornalismo

quando vedo sbiren gli chiedo qualche altro aneddoto :teb:

view post Posted on 14/2/2013, 09:56     +1   -1

Group:
DUCETTO

CITAZIONE (Il Maria @ 14/2/2013, 09:46) 
CITAZIONE (Ocho Cinco @ 14/2/2013, 09:27) 

Com'era la storia della tessera di Joker? :eeh:

view post Posted on 20/2/2013, 11:59     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:
Quando si parla di mockdraft non credo di avere rivali in Italia

Parto dal presupposto che quest'anno ho seguito più NCAA di voi cazzoni messi insieme.

La graduatoria sui RB ci può stare, certo Lacy ha corso dietro una linea che ha 4 membri su 5 che potrebbero andare al primo giro quindi...

Per quanto riguarda le safety, secondo me una delle "classi" più forti e profonde degli ultimi anni.

Vaccaro su tutti, poi Elam, Reid e Rambo.

view post Posted on 21/2/2013, 11:44     +1   -1

Group:
EEEK EEEK EEEK

CITAZIONE (Ocho Cinco @ 14/2/2013, 09:56) 
CITAZIONE (Il Maria @ 14/2/2013, 09:46) 

Com'era la storia della tessera di Joker? :eeh:

ha cambiato programma, adesso pare che sia in contatto con il giovane stagista che pubblca i CV di Giannino

naotodate
view post Posted on 21/2/2013, 13:15     +1   -1

se mi dai incognito, ti faccio scegliere fra uno dei nostri 2 nugent e brown

view post Posted on 21/2/2013, 14:11     +1   -1

Group:
EEEK EEEK EEEK

CITAZIONE (naotodate @ 21/2/2013, 13:15) 

ma voi non siete messi bene a guardie ?

naotodate
view post Posted on 21/2/2013, 17:52     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (Il Maria @ 21/2/2013, 14:11) 
CITAZIONE (naotodate @ 21/2/2013, 13:15) 

ma voi non siete messi bene a guardie ?

in teoria si dice di si ma personalmente non mi fido di una linea che è 28° nella protezione del qb, dalton, pur avendo le sue colpe, non ha mai avuto tempo per lanciare. Manca un C di valore ma una guardia a me non farebbe schifo soprattutto se dovessimo liberare warthon

view post Posted on 1/3/2013, 10:45     +1   -1

Group:
DUCETTO

Va come scegliamo la gente!!!! :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:

Lane Johnson, an Oklahoma offensive tackle who is expected to go in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, met with the Bengals – among other teams – during the NFL Scouting Combine and was taken aback by some of the questions asked during his meeting with Cincinnati.

Senior Bowl south squad offensive lineman Lane Johnson of Oklahoma. (Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports)
SportsRadioInterviews.com’s Brad Gagnon posted remarks Johnson made during an interview with Darren Smith on The Mighty 1090 in San Diego.

Here’s what Johnson said about his meeting with the Bengals:

“One thing caught me off guard. I was meeting with Cincinnati, and I went in there and they told me to remember five things. They just listed five things like a bear, a flower, a tree, a man and like a dog. And they told me to remember those terms, at the end of the meeting to see if I could remember them. And from that point on, they listed numbers. They said, like, 9167, and then told me to repeat them in reverse order. So that was probably the weirdest meeting I’ve ever been a part of.”

Un orso, un fiore, un albero, un uomo, e qualcosa tipo un cane, Gigi Cleveland. :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:

17 replies since 22/1/2013, 12:21   196 views